Harissa Spice Roasted Delicata Squash
Delicata squash roasted with a harissa spice blend. Crunch on the outside, melty on the inside, and incredibly addictive.
- 1 medium sized delicata squash scrubbed clean and cut into ½ inch rings
- 1 tbsp harissa spice blend
- 1 tbsp neutral-tasting vegetable oil (I used avocado oil)
- salt to taste
- flaky sea salt to garnish
Preheat your oven to 425°F
Wash and prep the delicata squash. Cut it into ¼ inch rings and then scoop out the seeds in the middle.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the delicata squash onto the sheet. Drizzle over the oil and the harissa powder and mix it all together until the delicata squash is evenly coated.
Lay the delicata squash out on the baking tray and make sure the rings aren't touching each other.
Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes, flip the rings over, and bake for 15 more minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!
- Use a large chef's knife to cut the delicata squash! The outer peel can be tough to cut through.
- The thinner you cut the squash the crispier it will be! If you cut the slices too thick the squash will steam instead of roast and will be a bit soggy.