This Korean-inspired recipe features lots of veggies and protein-packed quinoa, making it a quick and healthy weeknight dinner option! I used whatever vegetables I had in my fridge, you can substitute for your own preferences as well. I particularly loved how the sweetness of the butternut squash paired with the tartness of the kimchi! This is a dairy-free recipe, and can be made totally vegan by omitting the eggs. I used kimchi and gochujang sauce to obtain a Korean-inspired flavor. You can also use one teaspoon of gochujang paste instead of the sauce!
1 cup quinoa
1 cup kimchi, chopped
1 tablespoon gochujang sauce
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup butternut squash, diced
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup kale, chopped
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 cup haricot verts, chopped
- Sauté the garlic and onions on medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the butternut squash and cover for the pot for 2 minutes to let it cook through.
- Add in the rest of the veggies and cover the pot once more for about a minute.
- Add in quinoa and 2 cups of water and cover the pot until the quinoa is cooked, roughly 10 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add in the kimchi and the gochujang sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Make a space in the middle of the pot for the eggs. Crack the eggs into the middle of the pot and scramble them through the quinoa mixture. Serve hot and enjoy!
Enjoy and please leave any feedback or questions in the comments below!