Scallion and Carrot Paratha
I love making these parathas and freezing them in bulk! You can eat them with yogurt, hot sauce, or your favorite achaars. I like using quinoa flour to give them a little extra protein but you can certainly use just whole wheat. These can be made to be vegan if you replace the ghee with any neutral vegetable oil.
2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 cups of quinoa flour
1 1/2 cups of scallions, chopped
1 cup of carrots, shredded
1 teaspoon Ajwaim/carom seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon chili powder
Salt to taste
Ghee as needed
- Combine the quinoa and whole wheat flour into a large bowl. Add 2 tsp of ghee and mix the ghee through the flour.
- Combine the carrots and scallions into the flour mixture.
- Slowly start adding water to form your dough. Keep kneeding until the dough turns smooth and solid. It should moist, not crumbly, and sturdy.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into golf ball sized portions.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and grease it with a small amount of ghee.
- Roll out a dough portion into a flat circle.
- Place the rolled out paratha onto the pan and flip it once you start to see small bubbles forming.
- Let it cook on the other side for a minute or so and then flip it over once more and let it puff up.
- Take the paratha off the pan, spread some ghee on it to finish, and serve warm!
Enjoy and please leave any feedback or questions in the comments below!