I love making these during the weekend and then sticking them in the freezer as a way to meal prep for the week! They stay great in the freezer and only take a few minutes to warm up in the morning. I used tomatoes, arugula, spinach, and red onions, but you can use any veggies you have on hand. I made them a little healthier by using 4 whole eggs and then 4 egg whites, so it’s roughly one egg yolk per muffin. They’re a perfect way to have a quick and healthy breakfast!
Makes 10 medium muffins
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup arugula, shredded
- 2 cups spinach, shredded
- Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350º F
- Spray a muffin pan with oil
- Dice a medium tomato and 1/4 of a red onion
- Rinse off the arugula and spinach, and then place them in a paper towel and wring out as much water as possible. This step is essential to ensure your muffins don’t turn out watery!
- Shred the arugula and spinach into smaller pieces with a large knife
- Mix all the vegetables in a mixing bowl and set aside
- Whip together the 4 eggs and 4 egg whites in a separate bowl, add salt and black pepper
- Pour a small layer of the egg mixture into each of the muffin slots
- Fill each muffin slot with the veggie mixture almost fully to the top
- Pour the remaining egg mixture over the veggies
- Top with a sprinkle of a little more black pepper
- Place into the oven for 25 minutes, serve hot!
Enjoy and please leave any feedback or suggestions in the comments below!