I love making these sweet potato fries as a tasty lunch or as a great side dish for barbecues or other social gatherings! The Indian spices balance the sweetness and richness of the sweet potato and my favorite way to eat these fries is to pair them with a dipping sauce made of equal parts ketchup and sriracha.
Sweet Potato Masala Fries
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tbsp oil (plus a little extra for the end)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp kashmiri chili powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Scrub and peel the sweet potato.
- Cut the sweet potato into ½ inch fires. The thinner the fries are, the crispier they will be!
- Put the sweet potato fries in a pile out onto a lined baking sheet. Drizzle over 1 tbsp of oil, and salt and pepper to taste over the fries. Don't add too much salt as the chaat masala that's added at the end will be pretty salty as well.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Once they come out of the oven, sprinkle all of the spices and a small spoonful of oil over the fries and toss them all together until they are evenly coated. Do this while the fries are still hot, but be careful to ensure you don't burn your fingers!
- Let them cool and then enjoy!
Enjoy and please comment below with any thoughts or questions!
I would love to see your creations! If you try the recipe, please feel free to share it with me on my Instagram @jankipatel_ !